Friday, October 30, 2009

Belly Down

After getting the shell off and settled back down into a good resting place, we turned to stripping the frame. First off - the belly pan. The weather has been treating us pretty well still, but a tarp on the concrete makes a slightly better work surface.

I conveniently missed this step while my dad and Ryan crawled around drilling rivets and pulling down the inevitable nesting materials that reside under a fifty-year-old Airstream. I understand they had a few gawkers as the project is looking pretty intense right now.
After getting the final sheets off the rear of the trailer, my dad had to pose for a victory photo.

Next up, floor removal and examination of the frame. I've seen some pretty ugly looking frames on the blogosphere lately, so I'm pretty nervous about what's underneath this horribly rotten, termite infested floor.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the weather and the frame unveiling, Norm.

    steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norm, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Maybe your infestations will be limited to termites and nests. Can't wait to see what's under there.

    ReplyDelete