Seven days and counting to our first pull. I've long since given up on having absolutely everything done in time for our first trip. But at the very least, we needed to have the paint done, the floor in, and some basic electrical systems (fans, lights) operational.
I'm happy to say, that goal has been met. Ryan got the floor installed Tuesday and Wednesday,
wired up the trailer lights and brakes Monday,
and built a temporary box to house the electrical pannel today.
In the evenings, I've been reinstalling various fixtures like our re-chromed porch light,
the front light sconces,
and countless other items - each of which seems to eat up at least an hour or so.
When Ryan wasn't busy with the dozen other tasks I had him on, he managed to install a dead bolt for the door and new door seals.

This weekend I need to get the water heater placed so the giant hole in the street side of the trailer is plugged for the trip and set up our hitch. If all goes well, we will take the Captain out for a test pull Monday evening.
Can you tell me where you had the outdoor light chromed? I have one to do as well. Thanks!
ReplyDeletemediaetc, I had my light, as well as several pieces from my stove, chromed at Art Brass Plating in Seattle - 206/767-4443. They did a great job. It was in horrible, pitted condition. It looks brand new now.
ReplyDeleteOH.MY.GOODNESS! The Captain looks amazing! I love the floor and the Zolatone. Keep up the good work and send some momentum our way!
ReplyDelete~L